Monday, July 4, 2016

From the Heart at QCC

Appearing presently at the QCC Art Gallery is a very special exhibit called, Kin: Contemplations.
The work was produced by the talented young students from the High School for Art & Business and it was inspired by a lecture given to these young people by our old friend Marc Asnin.

As you know, Asnin chronicled the trials and tribulations of his own family, and challenged the young students to do the same.

If you do nothing else, please read the descriptions of the work by the young artists themselves. Their testimony is sometimes heartwarming, sometimes heartbreaking, but it is always genuinely heartfelt, and well worth the attention of anyone who doubts the sensibilities of the young and the future they will beget.

Mommy Feliz by Layla Rodriguez


I chose my mother because she is the light of my life. She's always full of life and has the best energy to be around. She always knows how to pick me up when I'm feeling down. She would do anything to make the best out of things. I love my mother and she's my biggest inspiration..........Layla Rodriguez



Mommy y Yo by Andrea Galeano











This portrait represents my mother and I. My mother is my everything. I love her above all things in this world, not only because she gave me life and raised me by herself, but also because she’s always been there for me..........Andrea Galeano


Lebanese Girl by Yesenia Rojas




 




The focus of my drawing is a friend of mine whose name is Sarah-Kay Basil. She was born in Beirut, Lebanon. In her home, she had been faced with constant danger because of the bombings. The picture is supposed to depict her in her country smiling even though there is destruction in the back. She has shown me that even someone who goes through pain and loss can be a happy person. I admire her..........Yesenia Rojas